All information collected by MGC will be used for Club management purposes only and not disclosed to any other party without the express permission of the gymnast or the gymnast’s parent(s).
The coaches, helpers and committee of the Club have a responsibility to all gymnasts and their families to respect confidentiality. They will be discreet about all information made known to them and any matter discussed with them which relates to a gymnast or member of the Club and would expect parents/guardians to do the same.
MGC regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence between the Club and its members. The Club will ensure that it treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end the Club fully endorses and adheres to the Principles of Data Protection as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
In order to operate efficiently, MGC has to collect and use information about people who work at, or use the facility. These may include coaches at the Club (voluntary or paid), gymnasts, parents/guardians, volunteers and visitors. This personal information must be handled and dealt with properly, however it is collected, recorded and used, and whether it be on paper, in computer records or recorded by any other means, and there are safeguards within the Act to ensure this.
Personal information shall;
- be processed fairly and lawfully and in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met
- be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which it is processed
- be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act
- Shall be kept secure i.e. protected by an appropriate degree of security
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of data protection.