The BG Health Safety & Welfare policy 2014 can be downloaded from the British Gymnastics or Marriotts Gymnastics websites.
All members of staff have the right to be treated with dignity and respect at work. The Club regards any form of victimisation, bullying or harassment, whether verbal or physical, as unacceptable.
Every employee has a personal responsibility to treat people fairly and without prejudice, to value and respect others, to ensure that no-one is harassed, victimised or bullied in the workplace, to promote a working environment where everyone feels confident to report incidents that are unfair or personally offensive and to seek to develop their own skills and encourage others.
Note that the procedure applies equally to voluntary coaches and helpers. The term “employee” may therefore include both paid and unpaid coaches and helpers.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all our members. The Club believes it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Manager, Coach Manager or Welfare Officers:
Mrs Jackie Matthews
Mobile: 07932 071730
Independent Welfare Officer
Miss Jennifer Page
email: [email protected]
mobile: 07734 821290
Health Safety And Welfare Statement
This is to confirm that Marriotts Gymnastics Club has adopted the British Gymnastics Health, Safety and Welfare Policy 2014.
Complaints / Grievances
- All minor complaints or grievances relating to the gymnastic training or behaviour of members should in the first instance be addressed by speaking with the Coach in charge of your child’s group at an appropriate time. Should the complainant not be satisfied with the response from the Coach then the complaint should be addressed by speaking to the Head Coach
- All major complaints or grievances relating to the gymnastic training or behaviour of members should in the first instance be addressed by writing to, or speaking with the Coach Manager. Should the complainant not be satisfied with the response from the Coach Manager, the complaint should be further submitted in writing to the Club Committee in an envelope marked ‘Private and Confidential’
- The Club’s Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 14 days of a complaint being lodged. The Committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of club membership
- The outcome of the hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing
- There will be the right of appeal to the Club Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The Club Committee should consider the appeal within 14 days of the appeal being received and will notify the complainant of the out come of the appeal hearing within 7 days of the hearing. The Club’s Managements Committees decision on the appeal will be the final decision on the complaint.
- All complaints or grievance relating to Child Protection or Welfare issues should in the first instance be reported to the Club Welfare Officer. All matters will be dealt with promptly and confidentially
- The Welfare officer will then look into the complaint, in accordance with the NSPCA/ BG Child Protection Procedures, and make a note of the outcome
- The Welfare Officer may report to the Club Committee that a complaint has been made but may not disclose the nature of the complaint or the names of the people involved
- Should the complainant not be satisfied with the response from the Club’s Welfare Officer they can take the complaint to:
The County Welfare Officer : See Hertfordshire Gymnastics website www.hertsgymnastics.co.uk
The Regional Welfare Officer: See Eastern Gymnastics website www.british-gymnastics.org/east
- If a complaint cannot be solved satisfactorily (to all parties) at club level British Gymnastics will be notified and their procedures implemented.
British Gymnastics Ethics & Welfare Dept: www.british-gymnastics.org 0845 1297129 option 6